Wood-Fired Rotisserie blamed in Palo Alto Restaurant Blaze
San Jose Mercury News, Sept. 28, 2009
"The blaze was fueled by grease that had accumulated over the years in a gap between the brick fire box and a metal ventilation hood...." Read the story HERE.
Grease Fire Sends Patrons Fleeing, Damages Leucadia Restaurant
San Diego Union Tribune, Sept. 29, 2009
"Investigators determined that the blaze originated as a grease fire in the kitchen...." Read the story HERE.
Fire Damages Staunton Eatery
News Virginian, Oct. 3, 2009
"A grease fire in the restaurant's kitchen spread quickly and three employees fled the building...." Read the story HERE.
The regular occurrence of stories like this should be sufficient motivation for restaurants to get on a regular maintenance hood cleaning schedule. Thank you, hood cleaners, for protecting American eating establishments!